MGL Avionics have shipped tens of thousands of instruments worldwide since 2001.
MGL Avionics’ mission is to provide top-performing flight instrumentation at all levels at affordable prices, with the express aim of helping to lower the overall cost of aircraft ownership and private flight.
Read an open letter from Rainier Lamers (CEO and chief design engineer) regarding the Enigma EFIS development by clicking here.
In the North America, our dedicated team has been distributing MGL Avionics products since the beginning. In business since 2000 in California, we strive to offer the best service and support of all MGL Avionics products.
- We sell directly to the aircraft-building public, and offer customer support via phone and e-mail.
- We offer full stock and warranty service and repairs of MGL Avionics products, directly from California. You don’t have to wait for products to be returned to the factory.
- We handle a large network of OEM customers who supply our products with their aircraft.
- We support an ever-growing list of avionics supply stores that carry our products.
Read news about MGL Avionics
Here is a question we get asked a lot...
“How are you able to give us all of this functionality for less than what others sell it for?”
Here is the answer...
Simply put, all the hardware, AND software (INCLUDING the proprietary Operating System) is designed in-house with no subcontracting or licensing fees required, thanks to the very fortunate skillset of the designers.
- All electronics hardware is designed in-house using the very latest available technology. Wide ranging experience and tight
software integration allows highly efficient electronics design.
- Many parts are produced using high tech facilities in South Africa that rank amongst the top class in the World, but offer lower costs.
- We have outstanding software development capabilities thanks to development of our own software development tools and compilers. This is further augmented by creation of our own custom operating systems from scratch. All of this combines to allow rapid application development with zero "3rd party" software bugs or issues slowing performance and extending development time.
- Hardware and software development is fully merged and not treated as separate entities as is the industry norm. This leads to fast development and highly efficient products.
- Low company operating costs, highly enthusiastic personnel all of which are directly and actively involved in all parts of the product development and production cycle.
- Prices are low for the simple reason we WANT them to be low. We want our avionics to be affordable to anybody. In our opinion the time of high priced avionics is over. The primary question should be: What can it do and how well does it do it ?