Simulator and Designer
The iEFIS features a full-featured PC simulator that allows you to simulate just about all of the functions of the iEFIS on your PC. Also, the simulator is used to design screen layouts if you so desire...
Download latest version of iEFIS Simulator and Designer here.
Read an Instruction Manual on how to design your own screens here.
How do you get the map functions to work on the simulator?
Follow these instructions:
- Go to this page and download Navidata, Vector Maps and the Terrain G3 file Terrain Low Resolution and save them to your PC. You can also download the Raster maps (Sectionals and Terminals) optionally. Unzip zipped files.
- Open the Simulator and start a new project and use the File Manager function to copy and paste the following files into the following locations:
Then, go to a map page in your sim. Click on the Map and then Options (the tool symbol) and then make sure the map is in VECTOR mode.
- Copy and paste NAVIDATA.ewd to this folder in the right side window in File Manager:
- Now copy and paste VMAP.evd to this folder in the right side window in File Manager:
- Then, copy and paste the TERRAINL.DAT terrain files to his folder in the right side window in File Manager:
Then, click Sensor Simulation and then SHOW GPS. Then, type in your co-ordinates (only change what is BEFORE the degrees symbol) and click GPS position valid.
You should see the map!